Thursday, August 7, 2008

not because of who I was

I think it's easy for Christians to become proud.  We have this attitude sometimes that we are better either because we are Christian, or we are Christian because we are better...

I know that I fall into the second category at times.  As if God chose me because I deserved it, or I chose to believe because I was wise.

It's sad, because this type of thought repels the world away from us.  

The realization that we do not deserve salvation or the peace, joy, and love that God gives us could provide a huge breakthrough for many Christians.  It is a humbling thought that simply brings us to worship.  Thank God that we know and understand the truth of His son's sacrifice and the freedom that it gives.

But, instead of becoming proud with that knowledge we must be inspired and driven by it.   

God did choose us for a reason, not because of who we were, but because of who we could be with Him. 


Whatever purpose it was that I was chosen for, I desire to fulfill.  And that drives me in everything I do.  As long as I remain dependent on Him, I am confident I will succeed at this purpose I've been called to.  

This understanding brings fulfillment, joy, strength, love for others, and a new perspective on everything. I am so blessed to have all of that.... but so many people around me are searching for these very things.  
Because I know this, it is my responsibility to share it and reflect Him.

J

No comments:

Share |

Subscribe via Email

Subscribe to blunt