Friday, February 5, 2010

Identity

Below I've listed truths about what it means to be a Christian. Unfortunately, many Christians don't live this way or take these truths to heart and it is evident in our churches and our world.

I personally want to read and re-read these truths until I move past comprehension to application. I want to know it in my heart and show it in my life. So, I am going to try to read a few of these each day. Please join me in this if you'd like. Maybe print them out or bookmark this post and read a handful of them every day or every week. 

As you start to internalize these truths from God's word, they will absolutely change your life.
Each time you read them, you will be brought to worship, as you are reminded how great our God is.

This list is taken from Neil T. Anderson's "Victory over the Darkness".

(roll your mouse over the scripture references to see the text)

 

John 1:12I am God's child.
John 15:15As a disciple, I am a friend of Jesus
Christ.
Romans 5:1I have been justified.
1 Corinthians 6:17I am united with the Lord, and I am
one with Him in spirit.
1 Corinthians 6:19-20I have been bought with a price and I
belong to God.
1 Corinthians 12:27I am a member of Christ's body.
Ephesians 1:3-8I have been chosen by God and
adopted as His child.
Colossians 1:13-14I have been redeemed and forgiven of
all my sins.
Colossians 2:9-10I am complete in Christ.
Hebrews 4:14-16I have direct access to the throne of
grace through Jesus Christ.


Romans 8:1-2I am free from condemnation.
Romans 8:28I am assured that God works for my
good in all circumstances.
Romans 8:31-39I am free from any condemnation
brought against me and I cannot be
separated from the love of God.
2 Corinthians 1:21-22I have been established, anointed and
sealed by God.
Colossians 3:1-4I am hidden with Christ in God.
Philippians 1:6I am confident that God will complete
the good work He started in me.
Philippians 3:20I am a citizen of heaven.
2 Timothy 1:7I have not been given a spirit of fear but
of power, love and a sound mind.
1 John 5:18I am born of God and the evil one cannot
touch me.

John 15:5I am a branch of Jesus Christ, the true
vine, and a channel of His life.
John 15:16I have been chosen and appointed to bear
fruit.
1 Corinthians 3:16I am God's temple.
2 Corinthians 5:17-21I am a minister of reconciliation for God.
Ephesians 2:6I am seated with Jesus Christ in the
heavenly realm.
Ephesians 2:10I am God's workmanship.
Ephesians 3:12I may approach God with freedom and
confidence.
Philippians 4:13I can do all things through Christ, who
strengthens me.


Wow. Praise God. Seriously, how can you read these and not....

"The more you reaffirm who you are in Christ, the more your behavior will begin to reflect your true identity!"
(From Victory Over the Darkness , by Dr. Neil Anderson)

Shout out to Freedom in Christ Ministries for having these on their website when I Googled for them...

2 comments:

Mitch Sugg said...

Great stuff man. Keep it up! I love this blog! It is BLUNT. haha!

Jesse Lane said...

Thanks for the comment and encouragement Mitch!

Share |

Subscribe via Email

Subscribe to blunt