Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Closed Country


This is a guest post... enjoy!

-----------------------------
The Closed Country
There are places in our world where the name of Jesus Christ is not to be preached. These places are commonly referred to as "closed countries". To speak the name of Christ is forbidden by the government and rejected by the people. Many United States Christians fear to step into these places for a number of reasons. They may experience isolation from the love and fellowship they know and desire. It requires that they must leave the comfort of their home. They may not be fluent in the language and religion of the local people. Christians may see people dressed exotically or even inappropriately. Some may worry about the unknowns and unusual circumstances they may encounter. Their children may not grow up with even one Christian friend. Their children may be forced to forfeit a Christian education from a bible-trained scholar who teaches the foundations of the Christian religion. Sounds difficult?


“For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them."
- Matthew 18:20

I look around and I feel as if I am only one Christ-follower in my closed country. Many United Stated Christians are fearful to enter my country. The government forbids me to speak the name of Jesus. The people here do not want my ways forced upon them. I have to wait for the few opportunities for God to open someone’s eyes to see and ears to hear. I do not speak the native language of half the people and I feel alone each day and long for a fellow believer to share my struggles.
I have seen the oppression of the demonic forces in this world and I have watched as they attack the innocent because they are weakest. The children of God are the minority here. They are not allowed to learn about the Bible from me and it is unlikely to find someone who will tell them.

"Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age."
- Matthew 28:19-20

“I have made you a light for the nations, that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth.”
- Acts 13:47

Go. That command doesn’t require that you purchase a plane ticket to a far away land (although please do if you feel led!)
I am personally inviting you into my closed country. Please come and bring your children so that we can be two or more gathered in His name.
Don’t hide your light from the nations. Especially ours.

Sincerely,
Public School Teacher
Northwest Arkansas
United States of America
---------------------------------


I'm thankful God is so good and personal and that he leads each of us in the best way for our unique circumstances.

-Jesse






Share |

Subscribe via Email

Subscribe to blunt