Monday, March 30, 2009

my mom is getting married Saturday...


My Mom is getting married next Saturday...
I took the photo above and below a few weeks ago of her and her fiance Ed.  

While the relationship is still in the clouds and very new to both... I am very excited about what God is planning for these two.

Yesterday, I had the chance to have a good conversation with Edward (Steph and I like to call him Edward *Twilight*). 
I really enjoyed our discussion as we moved from the nation of Israel & Judaism, on to Catholicism, and then to the current political and economic situation America is in and how it is an awesome opportunity for the church to shine and stand firm (more on that some day soon).  I can see Ed and I having many more deep talks for years to come.

Ed is going to be an amazing husband for my mom because he will act as a spiritual leader for her as every husband should. He loves Jesus, the word of God, and the Church. I believe Ed truly walks in the power of the Holy Spirit and in relationship with God. A fun, active, passionate, and generous guy.
So.... I guess he's good enough for my mom...

I'm so priveledged to be giving her away or "handing her off" as I like to call it.

She is a very beautiful woman and I can't wait to see her on Saturday in her blue dress.  She is the best mom in the world and has been an amazing example for me my entire life.  She has gone through enough pain and suffering in her life with the loss of 2 daughters, my dad, and many many other trials that I think she understands the bible when it talks about trials more than I hope I ever will.  She only deserves the best.  I pray that this relationship lasts the rest of their lives and that they get to see the world together, grow together in their love and relationship with God, and serve Him together in many different ways throughout the years.

Mom and Edward have asked me to read Ps. 103: 1-5 and Ps.16:11 during the wedding ceremony. I read these scriptures this morning and they are very telling of both my mom and Ed's attitude toward this occasion. They are both so thankful to God for this blessing and are praising him with everything that is within them... and so am I.






  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is great! Give your mom my best. You guys treated me like one of your own growing up.

Jesse Lane said...

Will do. Thanks for stopping by.

Anonymous said...

Please tell your Mom congratulations on the upcoming nuptials! What a blessing!

You words are a gift and a blessing for your Mom.

Proverbs 31:28
Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her.

Marsha

Deb and Ed said...

Thank you, Jesse, for your encouragement. We have a God who delights in restoring His children!

Deb and Ed

Share |

Subscribe via Email

Subscribe to blunt